Limited Warranty Policy
A1 Transmission & Marine, INC
Reman Unit / Unit Repair Limited Warranty Policy
- 1. A1 Transmission and Marine INC (A1) warrants remanufactured/repaired units against failures caused by defective A1 supplied service parts or A1 workmanship for a period of six (6) months or 500 hours of operation from the date of shipment.
2. The warranty will cover normal labor and parts required for the repair. Any premium labor or express parts delivery will be offered at the expense of the customer.
3. A1 reserves the option, at is sole discretion, to handle all warranty situations with one of the following methods;
a. Request that the unit be returned to A1 branch location for warranty repair.
b. Ship another rebuilt unit to replace the failed unit.
c. Send A1 service people to the location to perform warranty repair.
d. Pay the customer directly to perform warranty repair on behalf of A1.
4. A1 warranty does not cover situations involving product abuse or neglect, failure of parts not supplied by A1, or cases where incorrect procedures were used.
5. A1 reserves the option to limit or negate our warranty based on findings where contaminates left in the system at installation caused damage.
6. A1 will not consider a rebuilt unit/unit repair warranty request unless informed of the problem or malfunction in a timely manner. A1 must be given the opportunity to correct the situation prior to unit removal.
7. A1 retains the option to refuse warranty requests when the customer does not or cannot supply all pertinent materials and data required to make thorough failure analysis.
8. A1 will not be held responsible for any special “on site” costs on a rebuilt unit/unit repair warranty request without a A1 purchase order being issued in advance by an authorized A1 employee.
9. Engineering and application responsibility on requests for sales of rebuilt units/unit repairs is the sole responsibility of the customer unless otherwise noted.
10. A1 will not reimburse the following costs as part of a warranty repair:
a. Cost of labor for the removal and replacement (R&R) of any failed unit unless previously agreed to by A1 at its sole discretion.
b. Freight to return unit to A1 for repair.
c. Down time resulting from failure, or unavailability of unit.
d. Any incidental, contingent, or consequential damages or costs resulting from a warrantable failure.
11. A1 offers an additional 6-month storage warranty for units in storage. Proof proper storage per the following requirement is needed.
• Product must be in an indoor, dry storage environment with an ambient temperature range between 41-86 degrees F.
• Product must be protected from inclement weather and mud during any/all handling.
• All original packaging material received with the product should be retained during storage.
• If the product is stored in excess of 60 days before being put into service.
• The manufacturers recommended oil must be added inside the product.
• Components must be rotated every 30 days to ensure gears and seals remain lubricated.
• Transmissions and converters – rotate both the input and output flange two (2) complete 360 degrees’ revolutions.
• Axles – rotate the input flange to complete 360 degrees’ revolution of the hub.
12. If the unit is installed into service after 6 months of storage, A1 requires that the unit be sent into an A1 Service Center for visual inspection and testing at the cost of the customer at which time the storage warranty can be extended up to an additional 6 months at the discretion of A1 and is limited to A1 warrantable units.